Clean Water is Good for Business – Mississippi River Basin
JOIN THE COALITION BY SIGNING ON TO OUR PRINCIPLES
- Clean water is a priority in the Mississippi River Basin and across the country. We as a society need to place more emphasis on the importance of clean water to our economy, our environment, and our quality of life.
- All water resources—including upstream sources like streams, wetlands, and other water bodies—must be protected, as all are essential to the functioning natural system. Successful protection will require a collaborative, regional approach while managing and treating water locally to maintain the local water balance, recharge aquifers, reduce water consumption, and reduce waste loads to the surrounding environment.
- Public and private spending to improve protections for the Mississippi River Basin is an economic necessity.
- Investment in clean, smart water technology and other market-based solutions are key tools to protect the Mississippi River Basin hile simultaneously creating jobs and strengthening our economy.
- Protecting, managing and restoring land in the Mississippi River Basin is crucial to a healthy watershed.
- Water quality data should be collected freely and shared easily between municipal, state, and federal government agencies, private entities, and the public.