Pennsylvania Sustainable Business Statewide Coordinator (Part-Time)
The American Sustainable Business Network –– is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as our Statewide Business Coordinator for Pennsylvania. The Statewide Coordinator is responsible for directing and building a collaborative initiative with Pennsylvania businesses, investors and business organizations to advance a more sustainable and just economy for PA. The Statewide Coordinator is responsible for managing its policy and campaign initiatives to build a more just and sustainable Pennsylvania.
- The Coordinator will work closely with the Pennsylvania advisory leadership body.
- The Coordinator will report on deliverables and will be evaluated by the ASBN President until the Pennsylvania leadership body is established.
- The Coordinator works in cooperation and is supported in part by the American Sustainable Business Network and its staff.
While responsibilities will evolve and grow over time as the initiative and position mature, the statewide coordinator will:
- Facilitate building and maintaining an advisory leadership body including internal communications, supporting the group coordination needs and ensuring the meeting of identified deliverables
- Work with the Pennsylvania advisory leadership body on establishing and implementing organizational development strategy and policy agenda.
- The Coordinator works to ensure the work of educating, engaging and mobilizing business, social enterprise and investor leaders throughout the state to build a business voice and power for a sustainable economy.
- Oversee the issues campaign and policy efforts with a particular focus on climate and energy needs
- Support media and public relations.
- Maintain excellent communication with members and allies on advocacy issues, organizational progress, and new potential partners.
The initiative will bring together PA values-based business leaders into a power base, which can educate business and legislators and the media, and catalyze new policies and advance systemic market change for a just and sustainable economy on the state level.
- Fluent in a business perspective
- Three years of organization building
- Policy and issue campaign organizing experience especially with climate and energy issues
- Past experience coordinating leaders (ex: executive directors and small business owners) a plus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Media skills a plus
- Successful track record as a self-starter
Pennsylvania with a focus on Western PA requiring in-state travel as needed.
The Statewide Coordinator is a part-time position for 20 hours per week that may transition into a full position over time. Salary @ $40/hr
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume, contact information for three references (phone and email) to: jobsPA@asbnetwork.org
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled, but ASBN encourages prospective candidates to apply immediately.
The American Sustainable Business Network (ASBN) partners with business organizations and companies to advocate for solutions and policies that support a just, sustainable, stakeholder economy. We are a multi-issue, business organization advocating on behalf of all sectors, sizes, and geographies of industry. ASBN and our association members collectively represent over 250,000 businesses across our network.
Our mission is to inform, connect, and mobilize business leaders and investors to transform the public and private sectors toward a just and sustainable economy.
ASBN does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment.