Business Engagement Manager- (CBE)
As the American Sustainable Business Network continues to become a larger, better-resourced organization to address the pressing issues confronting American businesses as well as our internal organizational needs, our team needs to broaden and deepen the engagement of many more business organizations, impact and angel investors, and companies that comprise our organization. We seek a full-time senior staff person, reporting to the President, focused on the development and implementation of an intensified and impactful engagement of the business community across our programming education and advocacy work
Work to include
- Develop the plan, strategies and timetable to broaden and deepen engagement of business with ASBN across sectors and geographies.
- Partner with the VP of Membership to align on the plan and strategy to ensure continuity with ongoing efforts to deepen current relationships.
- Identify, engage and expand the broad diversity of business organizations and companies to work collaboratively with ASBN including working to increase the engagement of BIPOC led, women led, LGBTQ+ led businesses and business leaders with disabilities
- Work with ASBN policy team to build out participation in our various campaigns and policy initiatives
- Build up participation in our communications initiatives.
- Collaborate to create and develop marketing and outreach strategies to produce an additional flow for potential ASBN membership
- Define and clarify expectations with our geographic association members to strengthen their capacity to work on and deliver on state-based policies and to work with ASBN on national policies
- Work with President and policy team to build out campaign collaborations and opportunities for business leaders to engage with policy makers
- Build a branding program which allows membership and coalition partners to effectively report out their involvement in public policy advocacy
- Develop method of measurable tracking and internal reporting that demonstrates increased engagement with overall organizational impact/achieving organizational goals
- Relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and remotely
- Highly organized
- Technologically savvy
- Able to size up the political dynamics of an issue; understand the concerns of different constituencies and how to motivate their members to engage in the policy process.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and writing.
- Adept at establishing and managing strategic partnerships and coalitions.
- Background in public policy, Capitol Hill, campaign issues management, sustainable business/ESG, and/or communications, including familiarity with the field of public policy’s best practices and procedures
- Empathetic listening to fully comprehend client needs
- Able to travel periodically.
- Previous experience in project management, including ability to set deadlines, monitor progress, assign tasks, coordinate across teams and prepare reports for executive team
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in policy / issue campaigns
- Strong relationships within the progressive business community
Preferred Tech Proficiencies:
- G Suite
- Office Suite
- Drupal 8
- Social (IG, FB, TW, LI)
- Adobe CS
- Salsa Engage
- Fiscal Note
President of ASBN
Remote Position: Some travel will be required e.g. national conference; some local event attendance may be required, preference for proximity to major US airport
- 20 Days of PTO/Sick Annually
- 403b plan
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume, contact information for three references (phone and email) to: email@example.com
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled, but ASBN encourages prospective candidates to apply immediately.
About American Sustainable Business Network
ASBN is a small team, operating in a predominantly remote environment. We understand there are challenges to working remotely, and we work with each team member to find reasonable solutions when those challenges arise. We are a highly collaborative and supportive team that emphasizes communication, creativity, integrity, accountability, problem solving, and personal well-being. ASBN is a mission-driven organization committed to building an economy that is regenerative, equitable, and prosperous for all and we seek a new team member who is passionate about galvanizing the business world to create social, economic, and environmental change. We believe justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion must be at the foundation for how we conduct ourselves, our businesses, and our investments, as we cultivate and grow our community.
American Sustainable Business Network (ASBN) is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. ASBN does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability (including HIV status), veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. This policy applies to hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and terminations and applies to all ASBN employees, volunteers, members, clients, and contractors.
American Sustainable Business Network
The American Sustainable Business Network (ASBN) is a partner to businesses and the investor community to bring collective wisdom and public policy solutions to the systemic issues negatively impacting our society and planet. Founded through the merger of the American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC) and Social Venture Circle (SVC), ASBN rejects short-term thinking narrowly focused on just shareholder value in favor of a capitalism based on creating long-term value and being accountable to all stakeholders: owners, workers, families, community, environment, state, nation, and world. As a multi-issue, membership organization advocating on behalf of every business sector, size, and geography, ASBN and its association members collectively represent over 250,000 businesses across our networks.