BCCA Indigenous Business Outreach
The Indigenous Business Outreach will serve as the primary facilitator of BCCA’s Indigenous business outreach and engagement in the mainland US. Through engagement with Indigenous business leaders across the country, the coordinator will represent BCCA and its mission and strategies and through engagement with Indigenous business leaders deliver back to BCCA ideas, policy priorities and strategic approaches generated through outward engagement. The Indigenous Business Outreach Coordinator will work with the BCCA steering committee and its members in identifying new engagement opportunities and preparing policy summaries and synthesis as needed to enhance BCCA’s policy engagement. The Coordinator will be responsible for working with Regional and National Policy Coordinators in aggregating and finalizing Indigenous policy recommendations brought before the steering committee for consideration and approval. The Coordinator will support social media and will develop externally-facing content in coordination with ASBN communications team, the BCCA Steering Committee, and the Policy Coordinators.
Part-time position to be hired by the American Sustainable Business Network. Salary $40/hr for approximately 15 hours a week.
● Plan, coordinate, and execute BCCA engagement with Indigenous Business leaders in the mainland US
● Develop and maintain at least two social media accounts, and develop content with BCCA team members
● Report to and update the BCCA steering committee on relevant policy issues from outreach work
● Cultivate and maintain communication with Indigenous to increase exposure and coordination/communication and engagement with BCCA
● Assist with the development of business case materials and other communications materials
● Engage with BCCA media/communications team as needed to assist with relevant press releases, earned media pieces, etc.
● Assist with the development of public-facing events
Businesses for Conservation and Climate Action (BCCA) is a coalition of Indigenous and non-Indigenous community-based business leaders creating voice and power together to advance conservation, climate solutions, and just economic initiatives and policy. Our work is grounded in traditional wisdom and knowledge for just and sustainable triple-bottom-line solutions. BCCA combines grassroots legitimacy with high-level policy engagement to deliver meaningful messages and innovative solutions http://businessforconservation.org
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Indigenous Business Outreach Coordinator.”