Inflation Reduction Act
The American Sustainable Business Network (ASBN) applauds the passage of the landmark Inflation Reduction Act in 2022 as the largest federal clean energy investment in American history, which is the result of decades of work towards meaningful legislation for climate action.
The IRA will make historic investments in climate, justice, clean energy and jobs, lower costs for families, support climate-friendly agriculture, and help slash climate pollution in the U.S. by an estimated 40 percent by the end of the decade. The bill also supports critical programs to improve our families’ health and cleans up legacy pollution.
Upon taking office, President Biden committed to cutting climate pollution in half by 2030. The Inflation Reduction Act gets us closer to that goal – and with added solutions for pollution from the Administration – we could achieve additional emission reductions and meet this ambitious goal. ASBN was recognized by the White House among 62 key organizations that supported critical climate provisions in the Inflation Reduction Act.
The White House official guide to the IRA is the Building a Clean Energy Economy Guidebook – a comprehensive tool for understanding what the qualifications are for each of the IRA programs. For more information on the programs and implementation of the IRA see below:
- Inflation Reduction Act Update Briefing Deck
- List of IRA incentives and tax breaks broken down
- White House Clean Energy Toolkit
- Inflation Reduction Act
- Blue green Alliance guidebook
Thank you for all of our combined efforts to see to the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act.
- IRA Implementation in the Electric Vehicle Battery Industry and the Clean Energy Transition, Interview, April 28, 2023
- Statement from the American Sustainable Business Network on the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act in the Senate, Media Release, August 8, 2022
- The White House acknowledges ASBN among 62 key organizations supporting historic climate provisions in Inflation Reduction Act, Media Release, August 9, 2022
- Statement from the American Sustainable Business Network on the anticipated passage of the Inflation Reduction Act in the House, Media Release, August 11, 2022
- Mike Green, ASBN’s director of climate and energy policy, celebrated the passing of the IRA at the White House, Media Release, September 14, 2022